With kale being plentiful this time of year, here is a version of one of my recipes using one of the healthiest leafy greens….. can be eaten by itself or with grilled chicken or fish
What You Need:
- 1 bunch curly kale
- ½ small red onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small lime, juiced
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons natural, dried goji berries (optional)
- 2 tablespoons raw nuts, such as Almonds, chopped (optional)
Let’s Get Cooking:
- Place kale in sink filled partly with cold water.
- Massage with your hands while ripping leaves into shreds;
- dry and place in large bowl.
- Add onion, garlic, olive oil, lime juice and pepper, and continue to massage.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 12 hours, mixing at least once before serving.
- Garnish with goji berries and chopped nuts, optionall