Pulled pork is delicious, and there’s nothing wrong with just eating it straight out of the oven!
There’s a reason why pulled pork sandwiches are so popular: sometimes, it’s also nice to have your pork with a starchysomething to contrast with the meat. And we all love barbecue sauce?
This is where the sweet potato comes in. Oven-baked sweet potatoes give you everything you wanted from a bun, but without all the crap you dont need. They’re the perfect to top with a pile of meat and an extra drizzle of sauce in time for a tasty lunch.
What You Need:
- 2 lbs. boneless pork loin;
- 4 large sweet potatoes, washed;
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced;
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced;
- 2 garlic cloves, minced;
- ½ cup beef stock;
- 1 tsp. chili powder;
- 1 tsp. paprika;
- ½ tsp. ground cumin;
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar;
- 1 cup homemade BBQ sauce
Lets get cooking:
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cumin, paprika, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Rub the mixture evenly over the pork.
- Place the onion, garlic, pork, and beef broth in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Put the sweet potatoes in the oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove the meat from the slow cooker and place in a large bowl. Use a slotted spoon to remove the onion chunks and place in the same bowl as the pork. Using two forks, pull the meat apart.
- Add the BBQ sauce and the apple cider vinegar to the slow-cooker, and cook the sauce for another 30 minutes.
- Slit each sweet potato down the middle.
- Fill each sweet potato with the pulled pork. Sprinkle with spring onions, and drizzle with extra BBQ sauce to serve.