Well its Monday again, and the finally the Sunny South East of Ireland is livng up to its name, in fact it has all weekend. A little breeze is blowing but the skies are clear. “And the smell of fresh cut grass is filling up my senses”…. Wow, I could be breaking into to song right about now, yet if only I could sing
Its a fresh day alright and I wanted a change from the usual brunch, I skipped breakfast this morning due to the lack of Almond milk in the fridge. So while in town I picked up some lovely fresh mangoes & with some left over cooked brown basmati rice, a tin of coconut milk (low fat of course) a bit of bish, bash, bosh and hey presto I had made myself a bowl of spring freshness
What You Need:
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 cup cooked brown basmati rice
- 1 mango
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Optional maple syrup to sweeten
Let’s Get Cooking:
- Add the coconut milk to a small pot and simmer over medium-low heat. Add rice and continue stirring. Let it simmer for about 5-7 minutes, or until it becomes a little thicker.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve with fresh mango slices and sprinkled with cinnamon.
So Simple, now go try it……..