Peas were one of those foods I always loved, especially peas cooked in the french style, you know with the chopped ham and lettuce. Yep I could have eaten bowls of them at a time. But as you know, I know don’t do meat, (am trying real hard, to stick with this new change in my diet)
At this time of year I’m obsessed with Peas and Asparagus I’ve developed my own recipe and is so simple and tastes so good… You guys need to give it a try!
I’ve never made this recipe using fresh peas, but I think it should work. Add any healthy fat instead of the avocado. Feel free to add your favourite herbs and spices.
This pea puree is ready in 15 minutes and is really easy to make. I’m obsessed with this amazing recipe. It’s the perfect snack, lunch or whenever you want to eat it
What You Need
- Bunch of Asparagus trimmed
- 2 cups frozen peas (280 g)
- ¼ cup water
- ½ avocado
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- The juice of half a lemon
- Shredded Fresh Mint Leaves
Lets Get Cooking:
- Cook the peas in boiling salted water, not to long.
- Drain the peas and place them in a blender or food processor with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Toss the asparagus with a little sea salt, lemon & olive oil, cook on a hot grill turning once, you want them crispy don’t ya..
- The pea puree will keep in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Really, it is that simple, now go give it a try and let me know how you get on……