It has been so cold all day and I wanted to eat something that would warm me up, stick to the bones type food, you know what I mean. And at the same time I am having a lazy do so I wanted to keep the chopping and measuring to a minimum, so I decided on using the 2 tins of black beans and a bag of tortilla crisps I found in the cupboard and came up with a soup that took just a few minutes to throw together.
I can’t believe how good this soup is for having so few ingredients. Of the optional ingredients, the one I really recommend is the lime juice—it adds a zesty zing.
What You Need:
- 2 tins black beans
- 1 large onion diced
- 6 cups boiling water
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup salsa (chopped tomato, red onion, coriander & garlic)
Let’s Get Cooking:
- Rinse the beans well. Chop the onion.
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a pot & add the onion, and cook until it’s softened and beginning to brown, stirring often.
- Add the beans, boiling water, cumin, salt, and chili powder to the pot. Bring back to the boil, lower the heat so the soup is at a simmer and cover. Cook for 30 minutes
- At this satge you can blend the soup and add the corn. For me I like the soup chunky, Like the old saying “there is eating and drinking in it” top it with the salsa and enjoy it with some tortilla crisps
Other ingredients you can use to enjoy this soup: avocado, soy yogurt, salsa, squeeze of lime
And as always give it a go and let me know how you get on