A super easy delicious recipe packed with flavour! Go on, Give it a Try!
1 lb pasta of choice⠀⠀
¼ cup olive oil ⠀
4 cloves garlic, minced⠀⠀
⅔ cup shallots, finely chopped⠀⠀
8 cups mixed mushrooms, sliced⠀⠀
3 tbsp unbleached all purpose flour⠀⠀
3 cups unsweetened almond milk⠀⠀
1 tbsp nutritional yeast⠀
⅓ cup fresh parsley, chopped, plus extra for garnish⠀⠀
2 cups frozen peas, thawed⠀⠀
salt and pepper to taste⠀⠀
1. In a large pot bring salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.⠀⠀
2. While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce.⠀⠀
3. Heat olive oil or butter in a large skillet oven over medium heat. Add garlic, shallots, mushrooms and ½ tsp salt and cook stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are browned and tender, about 10-15 mins.Turning down to medium low after 5 mins.⠀⠀
4. Sprinkle flour over the mushrooms and stir to coat, allowing to cook for 30 sec-1 min. Bring heat back up to medium-high.⠀⠀
5. Add 1 cup almond milk, stirring constantly and it let simmer for 1 min. ⠀⠀
6. When completely smooth and thickened slightly, add remaining almond milk and pepper to taste, return to a simmer, stirring constantly.⠀⠀
7. Cook until the sauce thickens slightly again, about 3 mins.⠀⠀
8. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in nutritional yeast if using until melted and or well incorporated.
9. Add peas, and salt & pepper to taste and cook for 1 additional minute or until peas are heated through.⠀⠀
10. Add the pasta to the mushroom sauce and toss to coat.⠀⠀
11. Serve garnished with extra parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!