Quick, easy and delicious pan-seared chicken with an amazingly flavourful sun dried tomatoes sauce! It’s a 30-minute, one pan meal that you can’t resist!
A dish with a robust flavour and a pleasant underlying tang, this is one recipe that makes for incredibly delicious comfort food. This Saucy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken is about to become the best thing you’ve ever had!
or that’s until the next time that I post a recipe and then THAT ONE will be the best thing you’ve ever had. And its simple, so here goes:
What You Need:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 large spainish onion, (go see Connor in Country Stores), diced
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil
- some fresh basil torn
- a splash of cream
Lets Get Cooking:
- In a large nonstick skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken breasts to hot oil and cook 4 minutes; flip and continue to cook for 4 minutes or until browned on both sides.
- Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
- Lower the heat and add onions, garlic and thyme leaves to skillet; cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in flour; mix until combined.
- Add broth and sun dried tomatoes.
- Return chicken to skillet; bring mixture to a boil.
- Turn heat down to a simmer; cover the skillet and continue to cook for 15 to 18 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. You can add the splash of cream here if you like to be more decadent.
- Remove from heat & add the fresh basil
- Serve with pasta, mashed potatoes, rice