One of my favourite sweet potato recipes that I make this time of year. With a touch of honey and cinnamon for added flavour, who wouldnt want to try these with their Christmas dinner this year!
The sweet potatoes are coated with a mixture of olive oil, honey, cinnamon, salt and pepper. I quickly toss them in a pan with butter to add a little colour before roasting them in the oven. I dont peel them, just give them a good wash, and dry them before coating them. cut them into even size pieces, I tend to keep mine quite chunky
What You Need:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp local honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100g butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans or any nuts you like, for topping
- Chopped fresh parsley, to sprinkle over when they com eout of the oven
Lets Get Cooking:
- Heat oven to 185 degrees.
- Chop sweet potatoes into large chunks.
- Toss with cranberries, oil, honey, salt and cinnamon to coat.
- Melt butter with a small amount of olive oil and saute the potatoes for 2-3 mins, tossing frequently
- Roast on a parchment paper lined baking sheet for 25-35 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Meanwhile, toast 1/2 cup of pecans in a pan for 2 minutes until crunchy.
- Toss pecans onto cooked sweet potatoes and garnish with fresh parsley, if desired. Serve warm!