VEGAN TIKKA MASALA
This plant-based Tikka Masala is packed with fresh veggies that is a one-pot wonder that can be whipped up in under 30 minutes. Not only is this recipe vegan it can also be eaten by those following a keto diet.
Infused (impress your friends by talking like a chef) with fragrant Indian spices that truly warms the heart. Cauliflower is the main filler in this dish as it is nutritious & filling.
It’s a quick, simple & satisfying meal that is so nourishing.
I will leave it up to you to change up the veggie selection. You can bulk it up by adding some roasted sweet potatoes, butternut squash etc.
Give it a shot and let me know how you get on
What You Need:
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 extra-large onion – chopped 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 4 fat garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 small head cauliflower – cut into small florets
- 1 courgette – cut into 1-inch-thick pieces
- squeeze of lemon
- coriander for garnish
Let’s Get Cooking:
- Heat oil in a large heavy bottom pot over medium-high heat.
- Chuck in the onion, ginger and garlic, stir quickly to avoid it sticking to the pan and burning, when its golden in colour, you are there.
- Add the spices, seeds and lightly toast, while stirring 1-2 minutes, this brings out the flavour
- Add the diced tomato, cook 2 more minutes, until they soften,
- Put in the coconut milk and mix, bringing to a simmer.
- Add the veggies and let simmer 10-12 minutes on medium low heat.
- Taste, add a squeeze of lemon juice and season
- Add some chickpeas to kick up the protein, give a stir and warm through.
- Serve in bowls with basmati rice and enjoy
- The Tikka Masala will keep up to 4 days in the fridge.